Hola es Calista y se escapar Hitz!
That’s Spanish for Hi, it’s Calista and this is the Hitz Escape! So Spain didn't make it to the quarter-finals of Euro 2016, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't celebrate the awesome country that can ignite wanderlust in even the most dedicated homebody!
1. Love football? Even though Spain didn’t make it to the quarter-finals of the Euros, there’s no denying they are still home to some of the most loved teams on the planet. Some of the city’s most visited attractions are the Real Madrid Trophy Room and the FC Barcelona Football Museum, and from September to June, you can see some of the world’s best players in action almost every weekend!
|La Tomatina |
3. Are you a night owl like me? I may be full of energy in the studio each morning, but I really come alive at night! If you feel the same, I think we should move to Spain: The normal Spanish dinnertime is 8 or 9pm, parties only really come to life after midnight, and a night out generally doesn’t end until the sun comes up!
4. When in Spain, three of the most interesting places to visit are:
|La Sagrada (PC: travelmoodz.com)|
- La Sagrada - this family church has been under construction for over 100 years, and won't be fully complete until 2026!
- Cross the border from Spain to Portugal on a zip line! 2365 feet long, and it takes 60 seconds to get across.
Tower of Hercules (PC: hurtigruten.com)
- The world's oldest existing lighthouse - The Tower of Hercules was erected in the First Century.
5. Learning how to speak Spanish won’t go to waste as it’s the 2nd most spoken language in the world! Surprisingly, the first is NOT English - it’s Chinese!
What do you like about Spain? Drop me a comment!
Don't forget to follow me on Instagram @CalistaLeahLiew & Snapchat @CalistaLeah;
And join me on the hitz Playlist every weekday 10am - 1pm on
hitz fm Sabah 100.8 in Kota Kinabalu & 99.8 in Sandakan!
*Daily #hitzEscape tips at 12pm